We are a committee administering a small grants fund on behalf of Oxford Quaker Meeting. The grants are to help tide over individuals facing a temporary crisis, with no strings attached.
Oxford Quaker Meeting
Quaker faith springs from the experience that each one of us can have a direct relationship with the Divine. Quakers find that by meeting together for communal worship we are empowered to find peace and strength for work in the world.
• We always make donations via an agency or organization working alongside the individual needing help, rather than to the individual directly
• Our grants to individuals are rarely more than £50 - £250
• We also make occasional donations to organisations working directly with people experiencing poverty, with multiple problems
• We have no formal application procedure or set forms
• We give to people who live in Oxford
• We prioritise applications for small crisis grants that will help get people back on their feet
• We consider each case separately on its individual merits